BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 101 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 pm
Latest topics
» 2016 9th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Today at 6:52 am by silverfox103

» 95 9C1
Yesterday at 10:45 pm by Matt Trakker

» Tee shirts and shit for the roundup?
Yesterday at 10:44 pm by Matt Trakker

» 2012 and up Caprice PPV
Yesterday at 1:07 pm by MASShole9C1

» For all B-bodies
Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:59 am by sdstick

» 1994 Roadmaster sedan
Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:41 am by MASShole9C1

» 96 SS Part out
Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:20 pm by 95brmw

» 1996 Caprice Part out
Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:36 am by Tomz9C1

» Allagash Wilderness Waterway Canoe Trip
Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:19 am by boojum

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
September 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Shameless plea for help................Again

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Shameless plea for help................Again   Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:24 pm

I can do all this myself, but I only have one weekend to get the bulk of it done, as according to the letter we got the park rules are being enforced as of May 1st.

I am looking for someone to lend a hand getting my car together. I have to rebuild my entire front end including steering box, and steering lines, upper and lower control arms. (bushings, and ball joints will already be installed) rear shocks, and exhaust manifold broken bolt mod fix.(inner fender will be out for that)

Anyone wanting to help, I will be at it all day saturday. bounce

And no one will go hungry. cheers
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Shameless plea for help................Again   Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:28 pm

I'd volunteer my inexperienced help but I have plans this weekend already. Sorry Billy...
Back to top Go down
mean ss

PostSubject: Re: Shameless plea for help................Again   Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:39 pm

did you take it apart yet ? if not bring it to my house and I'll have it done for you by saturday Cool
Back to top Go down
96Brougham

PostSubject: Re: Shameless plea for help................Again   Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:45 pm

Sorry billy but I cant be of any help this weekend.. work 7-5saturday(EVERY saturday) and sunday is Lesley's birthday..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shameless plea for help................Again   Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:02 pm

mean ss wrote:
did you take it apart yet ? if not bring it to my house and I'll have it done for you by saturday Cool
Thanks for the offer Bobby, but it is unregistered and half apart now. I don't have the control arms back yet anyways. Rolling Eyes

Besides, I want to do something. Wink
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Shameless plea for help................Again   Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:06 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:

but it is unregistered and half apart now.

Just do what I did when I bought my '92 roadie. "It's only unregistered if you get stopped" Wink

But it's half apart so that point is moot anyways
Back to top Go down
mean ss

PostSubject: Re: Shameless plea for help................Again   Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:17 pm

I tried Cool but weekends are not good for me, you should try to weld that bolt first before you go and take that wheelwell off
it will save alot of time
Back to top Go down
boojum

PostSubject: Re: Shameless plea for help................Again   Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:03 am

I could maybe move it Bobby's for you if you get it rolling. It would have to be at night. I have to work Saturday and Sunday.

Have you removed the manifold yet? You might get lucky and be able to remove the bolt with vise grips.

What are the rules? Can you get away with just registering the car and make it "look" good?
Back to top Go down
bammax

PostSubject: Re: Shameless plea for help................Again   Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:29 pm

I may be able to help if you need. I don't know what I'm doing but I have some tools and can get in the way pretty good Wink
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President

PostSubject: Re: Shameless plea for help................Again   Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:41 pm

Sorry Billy, I am booked solid with family commitments this weekend. Last weekend was my "play" weekend. Sad

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/

PostSubject: Re: Shameless plea for help................Again   Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:53 pm

Thanks everyone.
I felt kinda funny asking, but as part of the saying goes. "If you don't ask"
I have a buddy who is willing to suffer with me saturday. If I can get most of it done, I will be happy. Very Happy

I am planning to take pics. scratch
Back to top Go down
bammax

PostSubject: Re: Shameless plea for help................Again   Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:47 pm

So if I get there around noon will there be anything left to do? I know you get to work early and bust butt so I'd hate to miss all the hard work Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shameless plea for help................Again   Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:16 pm

bammax wrote:
So if I get there around noon will there be anything left to do? I know you get to work early and bust butt so I'd hate to miss all the hard work Wink
Hell no! There will be plenty to do. Wink Come on down. cheers
Back to top Go down
bammax

PostSubject: Re: Shameless plea for help................Again   Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:39 pm

Laura doesn't go into work until early afternoon so I'm going to let her sleep in a bit and head out late morning. Hopefully I can learn enough to do the same procedure to my car in a month or so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shameless plea for help................Again   Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:46 pm

bammax wrote:
Laura doesn't go into work until early afternoon so I'm going to let her sleep in a bit and head out late morning. Hopefully I can learn enough to do the same procedure to my car in a month or so.
If you want to come up and help and learn, you are more than welcome to. But you don't have too.
Back to top Go down
iceman3201

PostSubject: shamless plea for help ..........again   Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:18 pm

sorry billy havent been on the forum in awhile. id be more then happy to help you if i could. after all you have done for me. but this sat the 24 th. larry sr is having a meet of the hired guns m/c club. people coming from as far away as philly. if it wasnt for that id be there. ill be with you guys this summer. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://iceman3201@maine.rr.com
bammax

PostSubject: Re: Shameless plea for help................Again   Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:28 pm

I need to back out on ya Billy. I pulled something in my back yesterday and it's just getting worse as time goes by. Sorry I can't be of any help.
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1

PostSubject: Re: Shameless plea for help................Again   Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:47 pm

I've got the weekend off so I'll be up, but I have to go get the car transport in Portsmouth in the afternoon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shameless plea for help................Again   Thu May 06, 2010 8:21 pm

Going to be at it again. Just got the new manifold today cheers . Anyone wants to come hang and help, I will feed ya, and entertain you with my wit, and humor. geek
Back to top Go down
bammax

PostSubject: Re: Shameless plea for help................Again   Thu May 06, 2010 8:26 pm

I swear you have the worst timing. I'm not getting my stitches out until the 12th so I can't help again. The weekend right before NED (15-16th) I could help, but not yet No

Now I feel guilty. I haven't caught you since the luncheon Embarassed
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President

PostSubject: Re: Shameless plea for help................Again   Thu May 06, 2010 8:26 pm

What day?

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/

PostSubject: Re: Shameless plea for help................Again   Thu May 06, 2010 9:33 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
What day?
Saturday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shameless plea for help................Again   Sat May 08, 2010 6:47 am

Who scheduled rain today? scratch
Back to top Go down
Fishah

PostSubject: Re: Shameless plea for help................Again   Sat May 08, 2010 3:31 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
Who scheduled rain today? scratch

Oh sorry, that was me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shameless plea for help................Again   Mon May 10, 2010 8:14 pm

Going to try again this week end. Hopefully have it ready before drag day. scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shameless plea for help................Again   Today at 3:13 pm

Back to top Go down

Shameless plea for help................Again
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1