BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...

Go down 
+9
SScarlett_Caprice
bammax
sdstick
druzdcm
LandMaster
Tomz9C1
Matt Trakker
M.ROSS
toomanytoyz
13 posters
AuthorMessage
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... Empty
PostSubject: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 10:33 pm

Yeah. So... I got totally busted tonight. I decided to try and put some miles on the car today since it did so well yesterday and it seemed to be running pretty good after 70 miles or so. So when we got back from the Easter rounds tonight, I decided to wash it and get it ready to show off at work tomorrow. And that's where this story begins...

I drive up route 3 to Amherst St to the touchless "Laser Wash" that I use pretty often. So the car wash goes pretty normal and car looks nice after the "post wash walk-around." So at this time, I'm all stupid happy that she's running good, and is nice and clean, and can't wait to show the guys at work tomorrow.

So I pull back up onto Amherst St, and for those who don't know the area, it has a median between the opposing traffic lanes. 3 lanes in each direction, so I am forced to go up one set of lights and bang a U-ey. Sitting at the light for the left turn, waitin' for it to change, I figure, "Why not?" And when I the light turns green, I decide to go ahead and let EVERYONE within a mile radius know that I was doing an Effin' U turn, dammit! And boy, was it fun. Smoldered the tires through first... And into second, most of the way through second, actually, til I let off. The whole intersection disappeared in smoke. It was totally awesome. I was having some real fun now! Then I just dumped it into third nice and easy, and then 4th, and cruised away at like 45 in a 40. I was grinning like an idiot.

And then the blues emerged through the smoke...

...and I started laughing hysterically. Smile

Caught RED HANDED. I was phucked. He was actually behind me at the light, waiting to turn. Ha ha... oops.

So, I pull right over to the side of the road, in an opening to a closed business, turn off the car (way too loud at idle!), shut the lights, flipped on the interior lights, grabbed my license and registration, set it on my lap, and continued to giggle.

The cop let me sweat it out for 2 or 3 minutes before he decided to saunter on over and address the situation.

So I'm still laughing when he walks up to the window and he's laughing too. (good sign) And he's a younger guy (another good sign) and this is how it goes...

Cop: *snickers* So. Uh, do you know...
Me: *laughing* Yeah, I know.
cop: You do? You know why I pulled you over? *smiling*
me: Yeah, I think I might. *still laughing* I think you might have caught me being an asshole in my totally obnoxious car.
cop: Yeah, pretty sure that's it. *smiling*
me: Yup. I figured. It was kind of obvious. I'm sorry man, I haven't driven it since last May, and I just finally got it running and back on the road this weekend. It was finally running good, and I decided to take it out and wash it so I could show it off to the boys at work tomorrow. Sorry.
cop: Oh, don't worry, I'm not gonna give you a ticket.
me: Seriously? Did you SEE what I did back there? Being a HUGE asshole...? I just couldn't help it. It's finally running right!
cop: Oh, I totally understand. If I had a car like this, I'd be a total asshole, too. I just had to pull you over to check it out.
me: Seriously? I can dig that. I really appreciate it.
*both laughing*
cop: Yeah, I'm not giving you a ticket, you're free to go. Enjoy your night. Oh, and nice car.
me: Thanks, you have a good night too.

I fired it back up, hit the lights, and pulled away. He flashed his lights and turned around in the lot.

I shit you not. That was exactly how it went down. And I am STILL giggling about it an hour later.

My wife got a kick out of the story and called me the luckiest bastard she knows. Funny thing is, that's the SECOND time I've been let go, with no ticket, for doing the exact same thing... A neighborhood destroying smokeshow, in front of a cop! Hahahahahaha! Very Happy

But just to get back at me, as I was pulling into my driveway and putting the windows up, the front roller on the passenger front window broke and the glass jack-knifed on me... Grrr... Always something. Wink

Still laughing though!
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
M.ROSS

M.ROSS

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 10:52 pm

no effin way we want pics LOL.
Lucky Bastage.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 11:00 pm

LOL!

Something like that happened to me once in the 74 but not as jovial and funny as that!
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1

Tomz9C1

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 11:54 pm

That's cool you got away with it, I always get nailed for speeding. Doin a smoke show from now on, lol.
Back to top Go down
LandMaster

LandMaster

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 12:05 am

That's hysterical, see here they have itchy pen pads. I got a ticket for not having 4 bolts in my liscense plate.
Back to top Go down
druzdcm

druzdcm

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:17 am

Looks like the excitement is back!
Back to top Go down
http://druzcherrybomb.shutterfly.com

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:26 am

That is a funny story. I had to smile just reading it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:55 am

Ok so lets ALL go out to an intersection somewhere in our city/towns, smokem up and see what the odds are of drawing the good cop.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:35 am

Your burying the lead. The car is running 100% again?
Back to top Go down
SScarlett_Caprice

SScarlett_Caprice

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 11:39 am

sdstick, i would gladly go everywhere sideways, but the only major intersections around me are in groton, and the groton pd....... just no.... if you dont live here you dont know! and i cant get too crazy in ledyard either, because what if i get busted by the cop that used to hang out at my high school? he let me get away with some ridiculous crap in the school parking lot with my cadillac, dont think he will do the same again.

anyway, great story!
Back to top Go down
BoSStonsSS

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 1:14 pm

STORIES LIKE THIS MAKES ME NEVER WANNA GET RID OF MY CAR Laughing
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 1:57 pm

Happened to me once in the VW. There was a car sitting on a green so I laid on the horn and they didn't move, so I dumped the car (Turbo and loudish exhaust) and whip around him. Sitting at the opposing light is a Ma Statey. I saw him roll down the hill, so I just pulled over. So he walks over to his car and diddnt even have to ask me what I did. After a speech about reckless driving and being more mature with my car he let me go. After saying "Nice turbo" Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 5:49 pm

Simmilar story. I had a mass statie pull me over to check out my car. He used the "do you know how fast you were going?" BS.

Another time I pulled off a side street at night and punched it. The first car I passed was a cop going in the other direction. He pulled me over for doing 61 in an 35. Again, most of the conversation was about the car. I think I was laughing about it, because I remember telling him that I had to punch it to get the ebrake light to go out cause the spring would not bring the pedal all the way back. It was the truth, but he did not buy it. Still in the end, no ticket either time.

So Bill

Reason #37 to keep the sickspd. Cops dig it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:36 pm

LOL. Very Happy I'm still laughing about it.

Oh, and it passed inspection today! Very Happy All I had to do was let my buddy (mr inspector) drive it. Wink He almost got 4th gear rubber with it! Yeeeeow! Shocked

And yeah, it seems to be running pretty good. It feels a little softer than before, but I also have a "hot air intake" on it right now (cone on the maf off the TB) because I didn't want to reinstall the RAISS just yet... But today I could NOT get it to pop through the intake.

And I did a nice brakestand and left a couple hundred feet of rubber out in front of the guys at work in front of the building. cheers

So yeah... So far, so good.

Oh yeah, and I fixed the window roller today. All better.
Back to top Go down
mean ss

mean ss

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:41 pm

you should make another data log and see if the fuel trims are still lean and if your
still getting knock retard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:52 pm

I still can't get over the fact you had a cop right behind you, you decide to let the asshole out, and did not check your rear veiw mirror because you were to giddy like a school girl to look. Rock on! cheers
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 7:56 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
I still can't get over the fact you had a cop right behind you, you decide to let the asshole out, and did not check your rear veiw mirror because you were to giddy like a school girl to look. Rock on! cheers

haha, yup, thinking the same thing, but then again, I could see myself doing that...

Doug
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 8:01 pm

Bobby, I will try to log it tomorrow or wednesday. I have to stay home with Bella tomorrow, so I don't think I'll get much wheel time then though! Wink

And I did see a car behind me at the lights. But it was dark out. All I could see were the headlights. Wink

(and then later I was able to see the light bar, once it was all lit up Smile)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 8:15 pm

Pooge wrote:
IMPALADAKID wrote:

haha, yup, thinking the same thing, but then again, I could see myself doing that...

Doug
Me too. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...   So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too... Empty

Back to top Go down

So the SS is running great... And the Nashua PD thinks so too...
Page 1 of 1