BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 101 on Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:40 pm
Latest topics
» 2012 and up Caprice PPV
Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:36 pm by No Moa

» I wasn't even looking for this one, I swear!
Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:52 am by 95brmw

» This forum needs a pulse check.... pics included
Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:04 pm by Grumpy

» 1994 Roadmaster Estate Wagon
Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:15 am by lvd2340

» Who're You callin a Turkey?
Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:32 pm by 802

» New Ride
Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:17 am by silverfox103

» Complete SS interior.
Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:35 pm by No Moa

» 2016 9th Annual Roundup, List of Attendees
Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:04 am by MASShole9C1

» Pictures from the 2016 Roundup
Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:03 pm by toomanytoyz

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 
Rechercher Advanced Search
December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 
CalendarCalendar

Share | 
 

 Just wanted to say this.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cloud 9



Posts : 563
Join date : 2009-10-03
Age : 48
Location : Dover, NH

PostSubject: Just wanted to say this.   Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:04 pm

I guess in my circle I'm considered a car guy. But you guys really put it into perspective about being Car Guys. I applaud you on you knowledge of B Bodys and your depth of research. I don't think I've noticed any question posted that has gone unanswered by someones previous knowledge or a link to the answers needed. So from me and the rest of us just getting into it, I'm glad I found you guys. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President


Posts : 6870
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say this.   Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:10 pm

We're glad you found us, too. Smile

(now where's that group hug smiley?)

_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say this.   Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:14 pm

I got it.
Back to top Go down
Fishah



Posts : 1118
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 29
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say this.   Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:34 pm

Should I take my shirt off?
Back to top Go down
cloud 9



Posts : 563
Join date : 2009-10-03
Age : 48
Location : Dover, NH

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say this.   Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:43 pm

OMG!
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1



Posts : 1486
Join date : 2009-01-21
Age : 54
Location : Rumford, Maine

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say this.   Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:50 am

Fishah wrote:
Should I take my shirt off?
Bill, No I will pay you to keep your shirt on. No
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say this.   Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:27 am

Tomz9C1 wrote:
Fishah wrote:
Should I take my shirt off?
Bill, No I will pay you to keep your shirt on. No
LOL.

There are is info out there. Knowing where to look helps in a big way. Before the great crash of 09, the National forum covered every possible question one could have. It is getting better, but not like before.

Besides we have a cooler name. Wink
Back to top Go down
bammax



Posts : 2301
Join date : 2009-02-22
Age : 35
Location : Mansfield, Ma

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say this.   Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:19 am

The national forum? Would that be the one where everyone calls each other names and makes each other feel like crap and then some moderator randomly bans people for no reason?
Back to top Go down
Fishah



Posts : 1118
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 29
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say this.   Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:11 am

Tomz9C1 wrote:
Fishah wrote:
Should I take my shirt off?
Bill, No I will pay you to keep your shirt on. No

Deal! Paypal work for you?
Back to top Go down
Fishah



Posts : 1118
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 29
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say this.   Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:14 am

bammax wrote:
The national forum? Would that be the one where everyone calls each other names and makes each other feel like crap and then some moderator randomly bans people for no reason?

I think it's the one that built a priceless and massive international network of car lovers and friends. The one that had more information about a type of car than anyone could ever need. The one full of people willing to do anything they can to help another member - even one they may have never met. The one that's been home to some of the best car club meets in the country.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say this.   Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:57 am

Fishah wrote:
bammax wrote:
The national forum? Would that be the one where everyone calls each other names and makes each other feel like crap and then some moderator randomly bans people for no reason?

I think it's the one that built a priceless and massive international network of car lovers and friends. The one that had more information about a type of car than anyone could ever need. The one full of people willing to do anything they can to help another member - even one they may have never met. The one that's been home to some of the best car club meets in the country.
Exactly. cheers
Back to top Go down
bammax



Posts : 2301
Join date : 2009-02-22
Age : 35
Location : Mansfield, Ma

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say this.   Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:54 pm

bah. Try to post something without someone who isn't involved making a rude comment. It used to be good back when it had a search feature so you could gain info without dealing with people, now not so much.
Back to top Go down
Fishah



Posts : 1118
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 29
Location : Chicago, IL

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say this.   Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:32 pm

bammax wrote:
bah. Try to post something without someone who isn't involved making a rude comment. It used to be good back when it had a search feature so you could gain info without dealing with people, now not so much.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=238924
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=235760
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=234236

Those are the last three threads I've made in the Misc. section. Not a single rude comment from someone 'not involved'. I think the forum is what you make of it, and as long as you treat others with respect you'll get it in return (for the most part). You definately do need to be able to take a ribbing and dish it back understanding that it's all in jest.
Back to top Go down
bammax



Posts : 2301
Join date : 2009-02-22
Age : 35
Location : Mansfield, Ma

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say this.   Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:58 pm

Different strokes for different folks. I tend to find that most of the people over there are far too concerned with their own opinions to hear others out. If it weren't for guys like navylifer and a few others who actually go out of their way to help people, and of course listening to BK and them ecirs guys screwing around, I wouldn't even bother. I'd rather listen to the local yocals since they seem to be less likely to crap on peoples ideas. Maybe it's just that the Imp guys are on a different level budget-wise, which makes it hard for me to relate. I'd rather find new and creative ways to accomplish something other than to just throw money at it.
Back to top Go down
mean ss



Posts : 648
Join date : 2009-02-25
Age : 58
Location : Nashua NH.

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say this.   Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:13 pm

I love this an old timer that just came back

Rules are simple.

1) If you type like you're sending a text message, ignore list.
2) If you type as if ebonics is your first language, ignore list.
3) If you actually have something to add to the topic, coolness, proceed.

I have a low ghetto/retard tolerance. What destroyed the original Impala SS community was the sale of used Impala SS's to the lowest common denominator that could afford them. It went from a community of relatively intelligent, net/research savvy folks to a bunch of monkeys with keyboards.
__________________

Kelly

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=239090
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker



Posts : 5075
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 35
Location : Reading, MA

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say this.   Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:58 pm

mean ss wrote:
I love this an old timer that just came back

Rules are simple.

1) If you type like you're sending a text message, ignore list.
2) If you type as if ebonics is your first language, ignore list.
3) If you actually have something to add to the topic, coolness, proceed.

I have a low ghetto/retard tolerance. What destroyed the original Impala SS community was the sale of used Impala SS's to the lowest common denominator that could afford them. It went from a community of relatively intelligent, net/research savvy folks to a bunch of monkeys with keyboards.
__________________

Kelly

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=239090

LOL Laughing

I dunno, while perusing that forum I did see some clowns here and there trying to start a flamewar, but it's really not a terrible forum. Believe me, I've been on forums for other topics (my truck, urban exploration/photography, etc.) and people start HUGE conflicts over the stupidest crap. There had been instances of people showing up at other people's doorstep looking to fight, people calling NCIS on kids who explored the abandoned prison at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard (you'd have to be dumb to post pics of yourself on the Internet doing something that crazy anyway) because they had some running beef that was going back and forth, just crazy stuff. It could always be a lot worse.

I agree on the people who can't seem to form a proper sentence with their keyboards. Text-speak instantly makes me want to disregard the entire thread, on any forum. It reminds me of the emails people send you on craigslist about something you're selling with three-word questions instead of writing a proper letter, it's the dumbing down of society. No class.

I just hate when I search for something over there on ISSF and it turns out the thread has been lost... Crying or Very sad Still, a forum is better than no forum!

As far as this forum, this is one of the best personal and friendly ones I've ever been on. I haven't even been here all that long and I feel like I've been on here for years...lol
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President


Posts : 6870
Join date : 2009-01-20
Age : 40
Location : East Hampstead, NH USA

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say this.   Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:16 pm

I'm with Bobby on this one. Sorry Billy(s) but that forum is a piece of shit now. It used to be great. Then the supermod(s) ruined it and took all the fun out of it after the low life trash that moved in forced the useful, knowledgeble, guys out. With the great data loss last year, all of anything that that place was good for is gone.

Eff that place. Only time I will go there now is if I'm looking for a part or a GP and to sell something. Otherwise, it's dead to me.

It did do a LOT to get this community up and running and sustained it for a long time and I appreciate that. But it's far, far from what it once was and will never be that way again.

GWS ISSF.

_________________
Bill "The Verb" Crovo - Resident Car Slut & Unicorn Hunter

A Toasted Marshmallow, A Long German, A Lame Suburban and expensive dreams...
Missing all my previous B's, D's and V... Sad
American Ricer
www.badassofne.net
"Ooooh! Look! Something shiny!"
NO MORE UNICORNS!!!!!

LOWER IT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say this.   Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:22 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
I'm with Bobby on this one. Sorry Billy(s) but that forum is a piece of shit now. It used to be great. Then the supermod(s) ruined it and took all the fun out of it after the low life trash that moved in forced the useful, knowledgeble, guys out. With the great data loss last year, all of anything that that place was good for is gone.

Eff that place. Only time I will go there now is if I'm looking for a part or a GP and to sell something. Otherwise, it's dead to me.

It did do a LOT to get this community up and running and sustained it for a long time and I appreciate that. But it's far, far from what it once was and will never be that way again.

GWS ISSF.
While I understand and for the most part agree with your statement, especially regarding the super mod and his show of force not only against the newbie, e-punk/thug riff raff types, but also against senior members who he hand picked to torment, and ban if they spoke up. Me included. And of course there is his love affair with the wagon guys and poor old Larry Cigar. But, I still think there is a lot of good people over there who do help as they always have. And some of the senior members have reposted some old info back up, or rewriten threads to help get the info back.

On the other hand, there is BADASS. And this is a tight community. We all help each other and I for one am amazed at how kind people in New England are. I have only banned one person, but he had it coming. Besides he was from Canada. Razz (No, not Nick or Lorne).

We have become tight here. And for the most part like a family. I for one hope is stays that way. cheers Cheers!
Back to top Go down
bammax



Posts : 2301
Join date : 2009-02-22
Age : 35
Location : Mansfield, Ma

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say this.   Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:54 pm

There's one major difference between us and the usuals over on the national board. We know each other either directly or indirectly. That means when someone needs help there are people near by who can lend a hand. And when people screw up at least one of us knows where they live Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to say this.   Today at 1:02 am

Back to top Go down
 
Just wanted to say this.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Wanted ~ Purple Apple Snails
» Wanted thundurus & Reshiram
» Wanted Impala SS wheels...
» 9C1 spotlight wanted
» WANTED, Radiola parts

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BADASS of New England :: BADASS information :: Introductions and signiture testing-
Jump to: