BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

My new long-term project

Go down 
+10
sdstick
96Brougham
GasTT
Matt Trakker
BoSStonsSS
boojum
V8Killer
toomanytoyz
mean ss
bammax
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Cadet57

Cadet57

My new long-term project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 9:47 am

Matt Trakker wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
I need to get a chip fixed. I keep putting it off. I'm going to call JN Phillips or Safelite. Its smaller than a dime so i'm pretty sure its fixable.

If it's on the driver's side of the windshield, you have to get a new one. Another reason why I just have comprehensive fire and theft on my policy, I've even had a power rear window on my 88 Suburban replaced before. lol

No, passenger side. They won't fix chips on the drivers side? I wonder why that is... In any event, I have comprehensive too. I think its a MA thing, because I don't know many people who don't. I have a $0 glass deductible.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 1:28 pm

I don't have any of that coverage. All out of pocket for me. My insurance is the "legal minimum plus that part where you can drive out of state" That's why my rates are the lowest out of everyone I know. I never bother with the premium coverages since my car would be cheaper to replace then insure at that point Laughing Right now my ratio is $450 to buy the car and insurance is $320 for the year.

I'm going to hit up Giant and Safelite and see what they say. Either way nothing is getting done this month since I'm already going to end up in the hole budget wise with the money I'm spending at Dougs, 2 birthdays (girlfriend, mother) and then the parts I've already spent on the car in the last couple weeks. Hopefully the crack just stays put so it doesn't end up in my line of sight between now and when I have the money to fix it.
Back to top Go down
Waldo617

Waldo617

PostSubject: Sungate   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 3:39 pm

Try to find a used "Sungate" windshield. I am also on the hunt for one... It was optional on the Impala SS. Used glass is definitely cheaper than new i would imagine
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 3:40 pm

Waldo617 wrote:
Try to find a used "Sungate" windshield. I am also on the hunt for one... It was optional on the Impala SS. Used glass is definitely cheaper than new i would imagine

I've heard good things about those. But also that they screw with ezpass/ fastlane tags.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 4:33 pm

My car isn't compatible with the SS when it comes to body stuff Laughing
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 5:42 pm

Brad, I'd definitely look into the comprehensive just in case. My insurance on the 93 is about 380 bucks a year, and I live in an area full of people with no green card and no driver's licenses with no paint left on the bumpers of their 1993 Nissan Stanzas, sooooo... Laughing

Justin, if you can get it done, I'd just try to get a whole new windshield. Chances are the thing is riddled with those small pockmarks, it's nice having a new one...I couldn't believe the difference after it went in!

I asked about getting a Sungate (more like "Uh yeah...the car originally had this like...weird purple windshield...so...") but that didn't work. Do they still make those? It's possible the Sungate came on the 90-92 Broughams, Ford had some kind of a similar one called an Instaclear that was on the late 80s/early 90s square Crown Vics and Grand Marquis.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 9:21 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
Justin, if you can get it done, I'd just try to get a whole new windshield. Chances are the thing is riddled with those small pockmarks, it's nice having a new one...I couldn't believe the difference after it went in!

Oh, I know. It's funny (well, maybe not that funny...). EVERY car i've owned I've needed to get a windshield replaced. I have terrible luck with them. I had a Grand AM gt that had a crack go straight across it and got bigger every morning when the heater was on. My '96 lumina, formed a random crack, my VW about 3 months after I got it got nailed by a rock falling off a dump truck. And now the Caprice Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pooge

Pooge

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 9:28 pm

Nothing but good to say about Safelite here. I have had a couple windshields done by them because they are the only ones USAA uses because they are countrywide.

Even had a truck with a rust issue in the canal, the guy took the window out and came the next day to put the window in, in the meantime I fixed the rust and primered it and he listed it for full warranty in the future as though there had never been any rust.

Doug
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 9:32 pm

Brad
Call Bristol Glass in Attelboro. They are on 152 by the court house. They were always the cheapest around. I got a brand new winsheild installed for under $130 on a S-10 once.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 1:42 pm

I'll deffinetly look into them when I run around getting quotes. The crack shouldn't spread any more. Over night it managed to reach the edge of the windshield so it's reached the edge on both ends of the crack. The only way it can get worse now is if a second crack comes off of that one in another direction. Or if the crack goes all the way through and a corner of the windshield falls out Laughing
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 6:03 pm

Fournier and Coleman in Cumberland RI is cheap. Windshields always cost me around 100-120
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 7:56 pm

I'll check them out too. That gives me 2 places to check along with giant and phillips. At the very least I have safelite as a benchmark to work from as far as pricing is concerned.

Considering the old windshield is beyond repair and leaked a bit before it broke I'm not too worried about getting a perfect windshield at a premium price. I'll take one that keeps out bugs and snow for as low a price as possible and not worry much about the actual quality of the glass or workmanship. I consider a windshield more of a security and convenience item anyway Laughing

I'll wait till after dougs to get anything done though because they'll need to swap over the inspection sticker and I'd rather the car not be obviously below safe standards Laughing

On a side note, my new stereo is installed so I have music again. If anyone wants an old delco am/fm for next to nothing their more than welcome. Worked fine and was very easy to program Wink
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 12:03 am

Anyone know off-hand what the boxies weigh in at as compared to the bubbles? I've heard that the boxies are lighter but other people have said that they are heavier. I know the gvwr on the door sticker is heavier than the 95 sticker so that either means the car starts out heavier or the newer ones aren't able to carry as much payload. I'm not looking for exact numbers or anything, just some rough estimates of lighter or heavier.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 8:44 pm

I'm pretty sure they are 3-400 pounds lighter than the bubbles. Chris McCabe'd know.
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 14, 2010 7:54 pm

Well I just spent the last hour stripping the molding off the car. It looks alot nicer even though it still looks like a pos. Once it gets lowered and some nice wheels on it it'll be a million times better.

I have a line on some Irocs for cheap money but I'm not sure if I should pull the trigger on them. I'd rather run a set of snowflakes from a Firebird, but they are hard to come by and tend to be a bit pricey. I may grab the Irocs and just hold onto them if I decide not to use them. I'm sure they won't loose their value too much over the next couple years. We'll see what happens. I tend to be indecisive Laughing
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 8:02 pm

Does anyone have experience with Futura tires? I'm looking at getting a set to put on my new rims and I like the idea of a brand new set of tires in decent sizes for under $400. I've heard some bad reviews on them but most of the complaints are about longevity and snow traction and those won't be an issue for me. Any opinions or comments are welcome.

And no I won't spend $100 a piece on tires. It's already a huge step up for me to consider buying tires that aren't used Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 8:10 pm

I have used the futura tires a few times. They are made by cooper, and fairly decent for the price. Had them on my white 9c1, and my fleetwood. They were the "SUPER SPORT GLS" Nice and grippy, and seem to wear well.

My new long-term project - Page 2 Campicsebay007
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 8:26 pm

That's what I'm looking at. Futura GLS 215/70 in the front and 255/60 in the back
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 9:16 pm

And here they are with the black wall out.
My new long-term project - Page 2 Blackwallout011
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 5:03 pm

Just an update

Yesterday I spent some time putting in some of my new parts and these are my findings:

1. I replaced my hood shocks since they were both blown and made 2 discoveries. The first is that my hood is very heavy. The second is that the edges of it have very jagged metal.
2. I have a couple brake lines that look very delicate. I'm going to need to replumb them this summer I think.
3. Turns out I'll need upper control arms when I do my big buildup. My stockers look like they were rescued from a sunken galleon.
4. My washers either work always or not at all. It's all a matter of how I configure the pins in the pump housing. (I have a thread about it elsewhere)

I was going to do a full tune-up before NED but I'm scared of snapping the plugs off since the engine is pretty ugly and I don't know how long they've been in there. I may wait until next weekend just to keep from interupting my outing with a stranded car.

On the plus side it looks like some basic maintanance had been done over the past couple years since I'm seeing some fairly new rubber bits here and there.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 8:51 pm

Dude... If you wanna build a mid 80's GM, just go down south and buy one. Smile It'll be just as cheap to procure, but less headaches when it's time for maintenance. Smile

Craiglist for NJ and south.
One way Amtrak.
Rust solved.

Wink
Back to top Go down
96Brougham

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 9:06 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Dude... If you wanna build a mid 80's GM, just go down south and buy one. Smile It'll be just as cheap to procure, but less headaches when it's time for maintenance. Smile

One way Amtrak.
Rust solved.

Wink

I second this!
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 9:09 pm

96Brougham wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:

One way Amtrak.
Rust solved.

Wink

I second this!

Make it three. I know where my next wagon is coming from. Hell, I might even look for my bro's sedan down south too, if they all havent been donked out yet.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 9:53 pm

I paid $450 for mine. Find me a better deal on a boxy that runs as nice as mine and I'd be interested in what comes spewing from the mouth of the mighty "Crovo the Hun"

My new long-term project - Page 2 694px-Buda_es_Attila

^ Crovo riding to work back when people cared about his ideas Razz

By the way.....nice dreads. Too bad you cut them when you became an old man Razz

And next time wake Billy up when the photographer says cheese Wink

Now thems fighten werds lol!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:00 pm

Ok, so spin wrenches with rust in your eyes and blood on your knuckles then... Wink
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:11 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Ok, so spin wrenches with rust in your eyes and blood on your knuckles then... Wink

I'm not dainty like you. When I turn wrenches there's rust and blood everywhere Twisted Evil
It's always my own though so no need to worry about the safety of onlookers Wink
I do utter profanities at an elevated level though Embarassed
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:13 pm

There is an 82 caprice coupe for sale on CL for $800. It looks pretty clean to me. 68k.

My new long-term project - Page 2 3m13pd3l95W15P35R2a565e34ec478f9e118e

I'm even thinking of snatching it up myself and have a completely stock mint running 2-door caprice.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 12:44 pm

When I was looking every coupe I found had rotten floors and needed all new lines for everything. I told myself if I couldn't drive it home I wouldn't consider it, which made it harder to find something cool Laughing
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 12:53 pm

I talked to the kid he said come get it for $500. I'm gonna go peep it today.
Back to top Go down
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 1:06 pm

GasTT wrote:
There's got to be more to THAT story
Good luck, if all is as it appears, thats a steal
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 1:09 pm

sdstick wrote:
GasTT wrote:
There's got to be more to THAT story
Good luck, if all is as it appears, thats a steal

My bet is you can see the asphalt from the drivers side floor.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 1:48 pm

From my experience......the brake lines are blown, the fuel lines are blown, the car hasn't run in 6 months but the kid doesn't know why. He's sure it's something simple though. The car has low miles but everything is worn out as if the speedometer has gone around a couple times. And the floors/trunk has its own ventilation system. The wiring probably has a few gremlins too.
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 2:38 pm

I have bought close to 20 cars and I have worked in used dealerships my whole life I know what to look for I'm not going to buy a crumbling piece of shit. You guys have to realize I live in the "hood" everyone with this kind of car is a drug dealer and does not care to get every cent the car is worth. This guy has 3 cars in his yard he doesn't drive. I'm not saying the car is perfect, I'm saying give it a chance.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 4:00 pm

Just an update. Nothing I've done with the car has worked quite right with the exception of the stereo.

I spent time the other day doing an oil change and couldn't drain all the old oil out, and the new drain plug didn't fit right. So my oil is mostly changed and the drain plug still leaks.

The master is still waiting to get changed. I'm getting some more tools tomorrow in the hopes of unhooking the stripped front line.

The wheels are still waiting to get smoothed and painted. I just haven't made time and also am considering grabbing a 5th just to make the dinged up one into a full-size matching spare.

The cap and rotor got swapped today, but the plugs and wires are waiting a bit. After the issue I had with the Blazer I'm terrified of snapping the plugs off in the engine.

I'm just waiting on a couple items to show up before I tackle the suspension/steering swap. That will be a nightmare project I think.

The body work still hasn't been done yet. I'm looking to get out and grab a new door, but just haven't had any money to do it.

So for all those that know the car from Newicks, it's exectly the same except for a nicer stereo in it Laughing

I was also thinking this thread could probably get moved over to the boxy section or I'll just start a new thread over there when I actually accomplish something worth mentioning.
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 4:16 pm

That's ok Brad I havn't done shit to my car either. It doesn't help that I have 2 daily drivers to maintain other than the caprice.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 11:25 pm

Update.

Replaced the master today whcih wasn't too bad. There's a bunch of air trapped in the system though so the pedal travels 1/3rd of the way before the brakes start to actually grab. The rear bleeders are rotten in place so there's no bleeding the rears. I bled the fronts as best I could, but I'm probably going to need to bleed them again just to make sure.

On a related note I'm going to replace the calipers since they're looking like heck at the moment. I was hoping to reuse them during my rebuild but it's just a problem waiting to happen later if I do that. It means more money that I don't really have, but I'd rather not have to do the job again later. I just wish I had the money to do the aluminum calipers and some braided lines instead of cheapy autozone reman units with the stock lines Rolling Eyes

Also in the spring I'll need a new rear. The bleeder screws are rotten into the backing plates and the bolts and everything are all 1 solid block of rot. It'll be impossible to replace anything on it if it breaks because of the corrosion. Even the axle tubes taper quite a bit by the wheel ends from all the corrosion.

Oh well. 1 step forward and 37 steps backward Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 12:27 pm

I'm thinking this car is a lost cause. I'm going to decide once and for all if I'll go ahead with my grand plans or send this car off to the scrap yard based around one thing. In a month or so I'll pull the vinyl off the drivers A-pillar and see just how bad the rot is at this point. You can feel the metal bubbling up under the vinyl and I'm pretty sure that's why the windshield cracked in that spot. If the pillar is as bad as I think then the car isn't worth saving as far as I'm concerned. If the pillar is salvagable then I'll fix it and carry on with the rebuild.

If anyone wants to help me unwrap the present and decide the cars future then you'll be more than welcome to swing by and swear at it with me Laughing
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 4:09 pm

bammax wrote:
I'm thinking this car is a lost cause.

You came up with that just about as quick as we all did... Wink
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 4:57 pm

I knew it was from the beginning. I just hate to give up on a car with so much potential. It's amazing how many people stop and ask me about it, especially as beat up as it is. And the body only needs to be fixed in about 4 spots (lower quarters, 1 door, 1 pillar) and none of them are major with the possible exception of the pillar.

These are the times I wish I had a garage to work in and money for parts Sad
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 5:19 pm

if you dont have the money to work on a project car then why get one? save your pennies and buy a car that doesnt need as much.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 5:56 pm

When your on social security saving money isn't really a practical option. How long would I need to go without a car if I'm saving upwards of $100 a month and want something that doesn't need any work at all scratch

Last 3 cars I've had all cost under $1k. A couple of them lasted alot longer than they should have too Laughing

If I really cared to I could milk a year or 2 out of this one. I nursed a slipping 4l60e for a couple years in my Cappy and Billy couldn't make it last more than a month Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 6:23 pm

Slipping 4l60e I'd blow that up in no time lol. I'm surprised the trans in my caprice still functions. I beat the shizz out of that car.
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 11:45 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:
Brad
Call Bristol Glass in Attelboro. They are on 152 by the court house. They were always the cheapest around. I got a brand new winsheild installed for under $130 on a S-10 once.

I live there and tried getting a very small chip on the passenger side filled in and they couldnt guarentee that they wouldnt smash that side or make it worse while performing the filler process... I wouldnt get anything filled in by them just from that experience...
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 12:16 am

bammax wrote:
I'm thinking this car is a lost cause. I'm going to decide once and for all if I'll go ahead with my grand plans or send this car off to the scrap yard based around one thing. In a month or so I'll pull the vinyl off the drivers A-pillar and see just how bad the rot is at this point. You can feel the metal bubbling up under the vinyl and I'm pretty sure that's why the windshield cracked in that spot. If the pillar is as bad as I think then the car isn't worth saving as far as I'm concerned. If the pillar is salvagable then I'll fix it and carry on with the rebuild.

If anyone wants to help me unwrap the present and decide the cars future then you'll be more than welcome to swing by and swear at it with me Laughing

I finally have weekends off(for now) I could come by and try to lend a helping hand. Mind you I am not that retard kid in high school auto shop that thinks he built a car with his dad when he was 5 years old, and his spray bombed honda is a directed proof positive of that claim... plus I have plenty of tools, access to ALLDATA, and common knowledge of any B body frame setup...even rotted bleeder valves.
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 10:00 pm

Update 1
https://badass-of-ne.forumotion.com/bad-talk-f5/opinions-needed-t1976.htm

Update 2
Popped the radiator today Surprised
Also a hole at a construction site did a nice job of ruining my alignment. At least it didn't pull the wheel completely off the car Rolling Eyes

I may enjoy removing the lovely vinyl top even more now Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 10:18 pm

bammax wrote:
Update 1
https://badass-of-ne.forumotion.com/bad-talk-f5/opinions-needed-t1976.htm

Update 2
Popped the radiator today Surprised
Also a hole at a construction site did a nice job of ruining my alignment. At least it didn't pull the wheel completely off the car Rolling Eyes

I may enjoy removing the lovely vinyl top even more now Twisted Evil

So where are you at now in the decission process of the fate, of this seemingly ill fated car?
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 10:32 pm

It'll be posted when Laura gets her new car cleaned up and inspected and such. Then we won't need to have the second car as a fall back. So in about a week or so Wink

I can promise the car will be a fair bit lighter the next time it sees a scale Wink
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 10:35 pm

bammax wrote:
It'll be posted when Laura gets her new car cleaned up and inspected and such. Then we won't need to have the second car as a fall back. So in about a week or so Wink

I can promise the car will be a fair bit lighter the next time it sees a scale Wink

Hmmm what kind of car did she end up getting lol jocolor
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 10:41 pm

Some old firemans car. The guy she bought it from didn't leave the plate bolts so she had to borrow mine to get it home but she got some new ones tonight. He even left a pencil in the ashtray Rolling Eyes

It's cool though. depending on how long you drive the mileage is either 104k, 880k, 64k, 330k, or error. If it were me I'd just keep it at 64k, but it's not my car Laughing

The book value is based on "mileage unknown" which saved a bit on tax, which worked out really well since we were short on cash and the registry doesn't take credit Arrow
Back to top Go down
MASShole9C1

MASShole9C1

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 10:55 pm

bammax wrote:
Some old firemans car. The guy she bought it from didn't leave the plate bolts so she had to borrow mine to get it home but she got some new ones tonight. He even left a pencil in the ashtray Rolling Eyes

It's cool though. depending on how long you drive the mileage is either 104k, 880k, 64k, 330k, or error. If it were me I'd just keep it at 64k, but it's not my car Laughing

The book value is based on "mileage unknown" which saved a bit on tax, which worked out really well since we were short on cash and the registry doesn't take credit Arrow

Good. I'm glad it worked out for her. Dont go spending all the loose change you find in one place. I'm glad someone else can like that car. It lost its appeal to me. It would make a great SS clone! I forgot to leave the attaching bolts cuz we got done with the O2 sensor at around 1240. I had to take of for school. Had to shower in 5 minutes, drive 45 minutes to school and had 10 minutes to spare. We had to heat up and re-tap the threads so the new one wouldnt have any problems going in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My new long-term project   My new long-term project - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My new long-term project
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next