BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance? EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance? EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance? EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance? EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance? EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance? EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance? EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance? EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance? EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance?

Go down 
+5
Matt Trakker
mean ss
Fishah
toomanytoyz
BoSStonsSS
9 posters
AuthorMessage
BoSStonsSS

What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance? Empty
PostSubject: What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance?   What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 2:04 am

What are the best Spark plug wires/plugs for Performance and daily driving?

Wires
taylor,msd,ac delco?

Plugs
ngk,ac delco, autolite 104's?

any other parts that I need to replace when reached high mileage?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance?   What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 6:31 am

I like using the AC Delco platnuim plugs and wires. They will go 100k.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance?   What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 pm

Magnecore wires seem to be noted as the best. Had good luck with mine on the caddy. I like the Taylors too, but only if you are not running headers. The boots at the plug are too big and could cause interference issues.

NGK TR-55 copper plugs seem to be the most recommended plug in cyberspace, too. I've had good luckwih them. But you will have to swap them out once a year or so. Otherwise, I would run regular Bosch Platinums. The single platinum. I run those in the marshmallow. I like them because I get good life out of them and I don't have to worry about the platinum "pucks" coming off like on some of the other brands.
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Fishah

Fishah

PostSubject: Re: What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance?   What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 4:47 pm

I cannot backup Crovo on the Bosch plugs...

All I've ever heard from anybody else is that Bosch ignition or 02 Sensor products do NOT work with much success on our cars.

Maybe Crovo is the aberration, but I would never buy or install Bosch plugs or wires.

The NGK TR55's on the other hand are great plugs. I had them in my wagon. They are not a long term plug tho.

I used the Delco Platinums and Delco wires on my Sedan and they held up great for years. Somewhat more expensive though.
Back to top Go down
mean ss

mean ss

PostSubject: Re: What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance?   What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 5:33 pm

the A/C Delco wires go for over $140 What a Face I had no problems with MSD wires

http://www.rmsautoparts.com/proddetail.php?prod=748B
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance?   What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance? EmptyTue Feb 09, 2010 8:43 pm

I had a set of MSD pre-cut wires on my TBI Blazer and they were terrible! They physically fell apart, before that, the boots wouldn't go onto the plugs/click unless you put a ton of dielectric grease on them (ridiculous fix that MSD instructed) and then they'd still pop off. Fortunately I was able to sell them on craigslist to a guy that was going to modify them for something else. I don't have anything bad to say about their other products though, I hate the damn wires.

I use Napa Belden wires, I used to use the Delcos but last box of them I got said "Made in China" on it! I've always used Delco plugs though. I don't know about the LT1s, but on the TBI cars, Bosch has always been considered a no-no when it came up for discussion on other forums I'm on, just like Fishah said. I think the Delcos are more in tune to the engines.
Back to top Go down
BoSStonsSS

PostSubject: Re: What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance?   What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance? EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 11:11 am

THANKS GUYS Cool

I STILL DNT KNOW WHICH ONES IM GOING TO GO WITH
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance?   What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance? EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 6:13 pm

I just use the Duralast wires from Autozone. They work fine and when I do a tune-up I can just bring them back and exchange them for new ones for free.

As far as plugs go I end up getting the Delco's from Autozone, and you can return them every year too.
Back to top Go down
druzdcm

druzdcm

PostSubject: Re: What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance?   What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance? EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 6:27 pm

I have the Taylor 8.5 spiral steel wires and autolite 103 plugs from my needs
Back to top Go down
http://druzcherrybomb.shutterfly.com
Tomz9C1

Tomz9C1

PostSubject: Re: What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance?   What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance? EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 2:53 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Magnecore wires seem to be noted as the best. Had good luck with mine on the caddy. I like the Taylors too, but only if you are not running headers. The boots at the plug are too big and could cause interference issues.

NGK TR-55 copper plugs seem to be the most recommended plug in cyberspace, too. I've had good luckwih them. But you will have to swap them out once a year or so. Otherwise, I would run regular Bosch Platinums. The single platinum. I run those in the marshmallow. I like them because I get good life out of them and I don't have to worry about the platinum "pucks" coming off like on some of the other brands.

Bill, so you prefered the magnecore for a Header application? Can I get those @ summit?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance?   What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:59 am

I think I got mine direct from Magnecore.

http://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/files/catalog.pdf

(page 6)

PN 85205 (8.5mm) are now 190 bucks! OUCH!

Go with stockers from Napa or the Zone. Wink
Back to top Go down
Tomz9C1

Tomz9C1

PostSubject: Re: What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance?   What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 11:30 am

yeow! thx Bill.
Back to top Go down
mean ss

mean ss

PostSubject: Re: What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance?   What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 11:48 am

Magnecor 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires Impala SS 1994-96 LT1 $118.95

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LPE&Product_Code=85205&Category_Code=C51

or A/C Delco http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ACF-718F/Application/?query=Year%7c1995%7cMake%7cCHEVROLET%7cModel%7cIMPALA+SS&prefilter=1
the MSD cost too much now http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MSD-32159/
the worst ones I ever had was the Accels http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ACC-9038/
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance?   What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 12:51 pm

That's right. THAT's where I got them. Lingenfelter.
Back to top Go down
GasTT

GasTT

PostSubject: Re: What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance?   What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 2:48 pm

I've read that the ac delco plugs are the best to use. I have them in my caprice with msd wires. Never had a problem and I drive my car, super hard, every day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance?   What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are the best Spark plug/plugs wires for Performance?
Page 1 of 1