BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
People showed up at my house, at 2:45am, trying to buy a car. EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
People showed up at my house, at 2:45am, trying to buy a car. EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
People showed up at my house, at 2:45am, trying to buy a car. EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
People showed up at my house, at 2:45am, trying to buy a car. EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
People showed up at my house, at 2:45am, trying to buy a car. EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
People showed up at my house, at 2:45am, trying to buy a car. EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
People showed up at my house, at 2:45am, trying to buy a car. EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
People showed up at my house, at 2:45am, trying to buy a car. EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
People showed up at my house, at 2:45am, trying to buy a car. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

People showed up at my house, at 2:45am, trying to buy a car.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

People showed up at my house, at 2:45am, trying to buy a car. Empty
PostSubject: People showed up at my house, at 2:45am, trying to buy a car.   People showed up at my house, at 2:45am, trying to buy a car. EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 9:37 pm

I'm not kidding!

My brother has a black Caprice (basically a parts car) on craigslist right now. I'm pretty sure I've posted it here. Anyway, some guy from QUEENS all the way down in NYC called him, for some reason, interested in the car. I suppose they don't have 400 dollar TBI Caprices with bad fuel pumps in his area, or something. haha

This guy called him at least 4 times, once at 11pm, another time at 6am, insisting he was going to buy this car, he was going to get his brother from Fall River to bring a ramp truck up to get it, the guy wouldn't leave him alone. Finally, he says he is coming up Saturday morning to see the car, and is bringing gas, a battery, and other stuff thinking he can get the car running in the driveway. I told my brother, and my father did as well, no one is working on the car here. They have to come with a truck and take it away. My brother tells him this and the guy still thinks he can somehow drive a car that hasn't run since June down to NY.

At this point the car needs to be out of here, so my brother is like fine, come on up and buy it. Apparently he gave them our address, which I don't like to do because what if someone came up and ransacked the house when no one was home? (I always meet people at Dunkin' Donuts.) He told them we lived across the street though, at least.
The dude was supposed to come mid morning on Saturday.

Well, I'm asleep on Friday night (this is at 2:45am, mind you) and suddenly I hear loud exhaust systems outside my house. Like Super 44s. I look out and see this gold 80s Caprice with a black hockey stripe graphic down the sides, Monte Carlo SS wheels, and chrome bumpers painted black, as well as a 93-96 car that had eBay HIDs and a bunch of other crap. Both with NY plates. WTF? Turns out my brother is still awake and across the street at our friends house up watching some movie. I text him something to the effect of "What the hell is going on", then I see him come outside and meet these guys, about 8 random dudes that look like extras from a 1990s Jay-Z music video, including a kid that had to be like 10 years old. He had told them he lived across the street and stored the car over here.

They all walk into my yard as I spy out the window with the lights off, ask about my car, my brother tells them it's not his or for sale, then they turn to his car. Almost immediately one of the guys, who was wearing a huge white shealing coat (LOL) goes "YO THE BRAKE LINES ARE MAD RUSTY!!!) then walks back to his car and gets in. They keep milling around the car, kneeling in snow with flashlights, I hear a kid's voice go "WUT ABOUT THE BUBBLE BUTT ONE!" which I figure is referring to my car, then most of the group goes back to the street. The cars were left idling this whole time and all the neighbors lights were turning on!

Finally the guy leaves and my brother comes in the house to tell me what happened. The guy didn't want the car because he couldn't drive it home. He drove from NY after my brother repeatedly told him the car needs a fuel pump to run, and has been sitting for six months. LOL!!!!

Currently some guy that bought my old green Impala to demo derby it has told me he's interested in this car, so hopefully he shows up at some time before 8pm to look at the damn thing, and brings a trailer!

Anyone have weirdos show up to buy stuff from craigslist before?

Last edited by Matt Trakker on Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
silverfox103

silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: People showed up at my house, at 2:45am, trying to buy a car.   People showed up at my house, at 2:45am, trying to buy a car. EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 10:57 pm

Seeing it's still for sale, I'll be down to look at it in about 3 or 4 hours.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: People showed up at my house, at 2:45am, trying to buy a car.   People showed up at my house, at 2:45am, trying to buy a car. EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 11:29 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
Seeing it's still for sale, I'll be down to look at it in about 3 or 4 hours.

Tom

Be sure to rev your engine and sound an airhorn when you get here!
Back to top Go down
iceman3201

iceman3201

PostSubject: people showed up at my house, at 2:45 am, trying to buy a ride   People showed up at my house, at 2:45am, trying to buy a car. EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 11:30 pm

eight guys show up that early in the morning. well at least they left there motor running. they werent in stealth mode. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://iceman3201@maine.rr.com
BoSStonsSS

PostSubject: Re: People showed up at my house, at 2:45am, trying to buy a car.   People showed up at my house, at 2:45am, trying to buy a car. EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 10:13 am

make sure you tuck your old school in a safe place..
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: People showed up at my house, at 2:45am, trying to buy a car.   People showed up at my house, at 2:45am, trying to buy a car. EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 4:00 pm

BoSStonsSS wrote:
make sure you tuck your old school in a safe place..

Yeah, I have that in a garage with my truck backed up to the door, that's not going anywhere...haha.

I think this was just a random act of weirdness, but I'm definitely gonna be vigilant in making sure no one comes into the yard and messes with anything
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People showed up at my house, at 2:45am, trying to buy a car.   People showed up at my house, at 2:45am, trying to buy a car. Empty

Back to top Go down

People showed up at my house, at 2:45am, trying to buy a car.
Page 1 of 1