BADASS of New England
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BADASS of New England

An automobile club for the enthusiast who enjoys the last of the big GM cars. The rear wheel drive B and D bodys. Chevrolet Impala SS, Caprice, 9C1, Buick Roadmaster, Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser, Cadillac Fleetwood

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 182 on Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm
Latest topics
» Wheel and Tire Bundles
Help with pics and info EmptyWed Oct 19, 2022 1:27 pm by scot

» Loss of a friend
Help with pics and info EmptyTue Oct 18, 2022 8:58 pm by silverfox103

» 2021 Fourteenth Annual B & D Roundup!! Mark your calendar! Saturday October 16th
Help with pics and info EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 11:01 pm by silverfox103

» WTB - caprice parts
Help with pics and info EmptyFri Sep 24, 2021 9:53 am by ElKy

» 2021 Roundup Sign Up Sheet
Help with pics and info EmptySun Sep 19, 2021 6:22 pm by black blur 96

» Another Vehicle Thread
Help with pics and info EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 11:37 am by scot

» Wheel and Tire Recommendation
Help with pics and info EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:41 am by scot

» 275/60-15 Nitto 555 Extreme
Help with pics and info EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:41 pm by Chris Klein

» Allagash canoe trips 2021
Help with pics and info EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 9:02 pm by Chris Klein

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Help with pics and info

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Help with pics and info Empty
PostSubject: Help with pics and info   Help with pics and info EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 2:18 pm

Anyone have pics of the DCM impala that was turned into an Oldsmobile 442? It was back in the late 90s. I saw a couple pics in a mag back then.

Also, anyone ever heard of someone taking the RMW grill and bumper to put on a impala to make a buick GS?

I have always wondered what a pontiac version of the bubble b would have looked like as well. scratch
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Help with pics and info   Help with pics and info EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 4:13 pm

I still want to make a Biscayne out of a 9C1. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Help with pics and info   Help with pics and info EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 6:23 pm

I remember seeing an Impala done up as an Olds with the Custom Cruiser grille on it before, but I think the car was black?

I was toying with the idea of putting one of those aftermarket RMW grilles on my car that doesn't have the Buick lettering across the top just to be different.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help with pics and info   Help with pics and info EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 6:39 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
I still want to make a Biscayne out of a 9C1. Wink
That sounds awfully familiar.

I wanted to do that to this one.
Help with pics and info Scan0001-1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help with pics and info   Help with pics and info EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 6:42 pm

Matt Trakker wrote:
I remember seeing an Impala done up as an Olds with the Custom Cruiser grille on it before, but I think the car was black?

I was toying with the idea of putting one of those aftermarket RMW grilles on my car that doesn't have the Buick lettering across the top just to be different.
I thought it was DCM, but it could have been a BBB.

The RMW grill is a couple inches taller. You would need the RMW bumper cover as well..
Back to top Go down
laidlow91

laidlow91

PostSubject: Re: Help with pics and info   Help with pics and info EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 7:32 pm

IMPALADAKID wrote:

Also, anyone ever heard of someone taking the RMW grill and bumper to put on a impala to make a buick GS?

not sure if this is what your talking about, not an impala but a caprice wagon so you kinda get the idea.
ive tossed around the idea of a roadmaster front end many of times, just for the scratch factor.
who knows maybe someday.
Help with pics and info 818200961953PM48671
Help with pics and info 219200932706PM67631
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz
Club President
toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Help with pics and info   Help with pics and info EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 8:50 pm

Wow... Those scallops really make that car!
Back to top Go down
http://impalass.uniquekind.net/
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Help with pics and info   Help with pics and info EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 9:34 pm

Crovo might remember my plan for Billys car. I even had the grille emblem and was getting ready to order the decals for the 9c1 caps (PMD). I just didn't have the funds to get the emblems shaved off the trunk lid or the hood ornament removed. If memory serves me right I even bought an SS grille to cut up and mesh out like Ross and Ant did so that the Catalina emblem would tuck nicely into the corner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help with pics and info   Help with pics and info EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 9:48 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Wow... Those scallops really make that car!
He says as he calls his bodyman to duplicate them on his white wagon. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help with pics and info   Help with pics and info EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 9:55 pm

bammax wrote:
Crovo might remember my plan for Billys car. I even had the grille emblem and was getting ready to order the decals for the 9c1 caps (PMD). I just didn't have the funds to get the emblems shaved off the trunk lid or the hood ornament removed. If memory serves me right I even bought an SS grille to cut up and mesh out like Ross and Ant did so that the Catalina emblem would tuck nicely into the corner.
If you were going to do what I think you were going to do, and put the v shape in the middle of the grill with a pontiac emblem on that. I had thought of this and the catalina idea couple times times over the years. I was surprised that Pontiac did not get a version of the SS for themselves since they claimed to be about excitement. scratch At least they gave us bonnies. cheers
Back to top Go down
bammax

bammax

PostSubject: Re: Help with pics and info   Help with pics and info EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 10:53 pm

That's it Billy. I was going to try and mimic my '66 Bonneville. I was even toying with the idea of round side by side headlights like on the '64 GTO. I figured a pair of the old GM 5 inchers would work fairly well with the space available. Then the marker lights would get moved to the bumper. I even figured out the trick to making a 2-door that doesn't look ackward like the ones currently being seen. Along with an idea for custom tail-lights. I just never bothered mentioning any of my plans because some people don't like creativity around here Razz

I can send you a pic of some of my test work if you'd like to get some random ideas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with pics and info   Help with pics and info Empty

Back to top Go down

Help with pics and info
Page 1 of 1